TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You might want to slow down a bit.
People Seeking Info

Subject You might want to slow down a bit.

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on July 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 540 times.

In Reply To Wow, this thread. posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 14, 2014 at 02:13 PM

Message I haven't said much about this since it happened, and this predates your employment at CZP so here are some details people should be aware of...

First, yes, Coz sold counterfeit 300 Degree rails in early 2009. 300D sent him a C&D letter, and Coz posted up about it on the forums here coming clean. For what it's worth, saying "he only came clean after lawyers got involved" is a little misleading. Other than removing CZP as a forum sponsor (which happened at the same time), that's the only step that was taken,

Who do you think wrote the C&D letter? Attorneys were consulted for us to understand what our options were in the matter. The C&D was the first product of this effort and delivered and acknowledged by Coz "I got your letter from your lawyer" on 4-12-2009. This was before he publicly 'came clean' on 4-14-2009. We had the ability to follow up with a suit if we chose to, which we did not because I personally thought I didn't have time to deal with it. I was in the middle of managing a very high profile DoD developmental program in 2008-2010 at my 'real' job. Although the suit would have been pretty straight forward considering Coz's public admissions.

As in other cases where tt.NET is concerned, sponsors have been dropped for various reasons where membership trust has been violated. CZP is on that list and would have been there even if it hadn't been my own company involved.

and Coz acted right away. He posted up online, then sent everyone he knew of a replacement set of genuine rails, along with a return label, and a $50 gift card with several of them, and continued to send replacements even months after. Ironically, some sold the old rails showed up on eBay instead of being returned to CZP...

We still get emails about your counterfeit parts and how CZP is refusing to replace them and saying "he said that the backorder [from 300 Degree] was 3-4 months." when I know our authorized distributors have the kit they need on the shelf you could purchase. We would appreciate it if CZP would make sure they follow through with their corrective actions no matter how long it takes for the counterfeit kit to make its way back to you and not try to somehow blame us for your problem.

While we're on the topic and since there has been more than ample time to sell off 300 Degree inventory, we request that CZP permanently remove ALL references to 300 Degree and our products from your sales materials (web site, catalog, or other means of expressing goods for sale) immediately.

Coz knows he messed up bad with the 300D thing, and he continues to regret it. But it was an isolated incident, and he's done everything he can to make good on it.

I was at ZCON 2012 in Phoenix for the week and easily accessible as usual. Our tent was less than 300 feet from CZP's at the car show. Coz never came over to stick out his hand to personally apologize if he regrets his actions so much.

In fact, we received a set someone came across a few months ago (keep in mind, this is 5 years later), and we still sent them a replacement set of genuine 300 Degree rails, completely free of charge. It wasn't even a repeat customer of ours.

I will make sure I point future emailers to this thread to make sure they get satisfaction of counterfeit part replacement.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.